The Art of A Better Deal
There is a great deal to look back on from 2016 – what worked, what didn’t, and what we can do better to elect more Democrats to the House in next year’s midterm elections. What’s most important is that we have the right people in leadership positions who can expand our base and connect people with our message far and wide.
DCCC Chairman Ben Ray Luján is one of our strongest assets in that mission.
I was proud to work with Ben Ray as we crafted our midterm platform of A Better Deal. Chairman Luján knows it’s not enough for Democrats to simply be against Trump – we have to stand for something. Like me, Chairman Luján knows the soul of our party lies in critical issues like:
- Giving small businesses and startups the tools they need to expand and create quality, good-paying jobs.
- Fixing problems with Obamacare, bringing down the cost of prescription drugs – and moving forward with parts of the law that are already helping millions of people.
- Protecting the right to choose, closing the gender pay gap, ensuring paid leave in the workplace, and enforcing parity for the unique health care issues American women face every day.
- Prioritizing working families ahead of Wall Street billionaires.
- Supporting our veterans by providing them access to high-quality health care and support as well as workplace opportunities.
We are fortunate to have Ben Ray Luján leading the DCCC into next year’s election season. I stand with him for everything he does and look forward to continuing our work. Together, we can make it happen.
Congresswoman Cheri Bustos
Illinois’ 17th Congressional District
Chairwoman – DCCC Heartland Engagement